Wednesday, August 30, 2006

XNA Game Studio Beta Released

Today Microsoft released beta 1 of XNA Game Studio Express. It's no secret that I've been anticipating it's release since it was announced all those weeks ago. I happy to report that after installing it, and playing around I've successfully managed to get Mackenzie's head to bounce around a window.

...

Okay, okay I admit that isn't all that fantastic. But cut me some slack! After all, I'm a web programmer. That's about as far as you can get from being a real programmer, much less a game programmer! My world revolves around HTML, CSS, PHP and Javascript. C# is an entirely new beast. My next goal will be to manipulate the sprite's direction using the XBOX 360 gamepad. I tried to figure it out last night, but, well... it's harder than you think. ;)