Monday, November 06, 2006

Ep11: It's A Religious Thing

A long, long time ago in a forum far, far away Jade threw a contest. The premise of this contest was simple in nature: write about your plan to get off work/school on Emergence Day so that you can play Gears. Here we find the inspiration for my Gears of War comic spectacular!

I missed out on the Gears of War Canadian launch party. Believe me, I'm kicking myself for it. Just thinking about Gears gives me goose bumps. Yes, it is that good.

Back when I had the opportunity to meet Mark Rein from Epic (raised in Toronto, btw) I was telling him that I was in the process of writing a comic about his game. As I was standing there having my Gears poster signed I realized how incredibly stupid I felt offering my comic to a gaming legend. Oh, and to make matters WORSE the artistic director (Jerry) was there too. He makes beautifully stunning games and here I am with my tiny Photoshop job. Awkward.

Anyway. Gears, baby. It's almost here.