It is here. Yes my friends, the newly released XNA Game Studio Express Beta 2 (which we were told is essentially a release candidate) is now available for your consumption. So what's new? Check it out:
- The addition of XNA Framework Content Pipeline, a feature set that makes it simpler and more straightforward for game developers to use 2D and 3D content in their game projects from third party digital content creation packages like Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Maya® and SOFTIMAGE®|XSI®.
- New content importers for .X and Autodesk® FBX® 3D asset format in partnership with Autodesk.
- Xbox 360 project system gives game developers the ability to preview game design specifically for the Xbox 360 and pre-compile games starting today, giving developers a head start in preparing their games for the XNA Creators Club availability in December.
- Improved game component architecture updated with a simpler design, adding increased usability based on community feedback.
- Overall performance improvements and optimizations – XNA Game Studio Express Beta 2 is a near final version of the tool.
- More details via TeamXBOX
You know, just a hunch.
EDIT: It's not too late to sign up. Sweet.