Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Change of direction

Well, Episode 13 is off to Microsoft Canada's mountain top headquarters to be scrutinized by whomever approves that kind of stuff for posting. Expect it to be live soon. I'm also happy to report that #14 is also nearly complete (just the background left) and will also hopefully be appearing in a browser near you relatively soon.

While I'm here, I'd like to point out that the fine folks at MS have updated the URLs for the comic. You will always find the newest comic here and the archive here. This is a big step forward for us, and I'm really psyched that we managed to get this done!

In respects to the focus of the comic, which I've been giving a lot of thought lately, I think I'm going to make a few changes. It is no secret that before working with the XBOX Canada guys I had never really drawn a comic before. I've made my fair share of mistakes and I've been experimenting a lot with both my writing and my drawing style. Believe it or not, the hardest part for me is writing the script, keeping it relevant, and appeasing the Microsoft censor. Not that my comics are really censored mind you, but let's put it this way... you aren't going to see a comic featuring Mario and Luigi appearing on XBOX.com anytime soon. Anyway, my point is that pretty much from this point forward all 360P comics are going to strictly deal with funny things about 360 games or humorous Canadian community moments. Last months Lost Planet comic is a good example of where we're going to be moving.

This change of direction will help the comic stay focused and give me new material to work with every month. I like the idea, but what do you think? Sound off in the comments.